Tuesday, May 25, 2010

God's Smuggler

God's Smuggler is a very interesting story I read recently about a mischievous young man from Holland. As a child, he saw Hitler's invasion of Germany and persecution of the Jews. He was spared by the grace of God when the Nazis bombarded his small, dutch town taking food from the poor and arresting those who tried to help the Jews escape. And by God's grace he lived long enough to see the fall of the Iron Curtain in several communist countries.

However, during this period of time the dutch boy had grown into a man known as Brother Andrew. In search of an adventure, brother Andrew found nothing but pain and discouragement until he was wounded as a soldier in the military. This crippling defeat humbled the mighty, young soldier and broke his spirit. It was then that God, in His infinite mercy, was able to reach out to Andrew through his friends and family and bring him to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Then, with bible in hand, Andrew was able to recover from his wounds and God began to prepare him for his great adventure. So, through trial, error, and tests of faith God prepared Andrew for the adventure God had planned. And when God saw Andrew was ready, the Lord sent him forth as God's smuggler.

Now, I won't tell the rest of the story lest I ruin it for those of you who would like to read it your self. Although, I will say that if you start reading it, be prepared to not let go for a while 'cause it is a good book!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a neat book. I might have to see if it is at our local library.

    I am new to your blog and following you, I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog maggie! I'm glad you liked it. I am following your blog now and I think it is very cute. I can't wait till you put more posts on it!
    I you can't find the book at the library you could try your local christian book store.

    ReplyDelete