Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Like a Spider

Proverbs 30:28
       "The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces." kjv

When I read this the other day during my devotions God spoke to my heart. He whispered to my soul, "Now imagine what my children could do if they would take hold of the power available to them, to the promises, and heavenly resources I have waiting for all those who are willing to take up their cross and follow me."

What are we doing sitting idle at home with God's word? How presumptuous of us to accept His salvation then bury it and deny it's power and the good it could do. I encourage you, christian, to take up your cross and follow your Saviour. God wants to use you and your talents. Don't believe the lie that you don't have any either. Even if you don't think you have been given a  gift that you can use then realize that you have a mouth, God's word, and the freedom to share those words that save souls. Souls are the only thing worth winning in this life anyway; the only thing that you will be able to enjoy for eternity. 

Friend, I guess that what I'm trying to say is...what will you do with God??
Why don't you be wise like that spider? Take hold of your salvation and go some where with it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment