Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Fortune-less Fortune Cookie

Have you ever opened a fortune cookie just to see what the fortune was? The cookies don't really taste that good after all so, why eat them? I never do. It's just fun to tear the plastic and smell the cake-y sweetness. Then hear the crunch of the cookie as you break it half and and gently tug the little paper out to read what it has to say. Whether you take the words seriously or not, it's just fun to read them. So imagine the disappointment I felt as I cracked my fortune cookie open only to find that it was empty! Then the avalanche of thoughts that cascade through my mind as I laugh at my odd predicament. It's a good thing that I don't take those kind of things seriously or I would be in full blown panic attack worrying about my empty future and trying to find a better fortune cookie to give me some better news! Oh, that would be funny!

I just thought I would share my new funny story, since I haven't posted anything in forever. My family thought it was very strange too. We all had a splendid time laughing at me. So, What would you do with a fortune-less fortune cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment